Sunday 21 March 2010

Chassis build

Well I finally got a weekend in my garage...about fooking time!!! it was ment to be this weekend that my block and box was deliverd..however it wasn’t, due to issues with my gearbox. So I got my build manual and spanners and off I went. I had spent a full evening last week laminating all the pages of the build manual to help keep them clean and tidy.


I did have some issues getting some torque behind the lower and upper ball joint, this is because they are the later sealed type that just spin when tightened, but after some swearing and shouting got them tight to 50 lb torque setting


Although I have set the caster angle to 5.5 degrees I will be rechecking and setting once I have some weight on the chassis (engine gearbox)



Repeated the process for the offside, and managed to get the build wheels on. I am missing the top shock bolt, however this is easily sourced and fitted.


Now i have the front two build wheels on i will be able to lift the chassis at the rear, and wheel out the garage to get the engine and gearbox creat to the back..hopefully

No comments:

Post a Comment